Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My inspiration...



I thought I'd post a link to the book that gave me the inspiration to try and live differently. Its called The Long Emergency by James Howard Kunstler. It basically describes how dire a situation we're in now that we've passed peak oil production (we will begin to produce less oil on a daily basis from this point going forward). This has significant implications for a world with an insatiable appetite for oil. He basically argues a bunch of things:

1. There is no other energy source that can provide the amount of energy required to keep our world operating like it is today.

2. The world is going to change drastically, well before the oil runs out.

I'll probably post a couple of key things I learned from reading the book, but for now I have to go and catch the bus. Its worth the read...

No comments: